- Graduated from Seminary with master of arts in religion degree.
- Finished my thesis!
- Getting a poem published in an upcoming edition of Journal of Pastoral Care and Counseling!
- Got a promotion at Survivors, Inc.!
- Left my job at Survivors, Inc. for family health reasons (things appear to be good, now!).
- Working at Starbucks.
- Found out that a master's degree in the humanities doesn't qualify you for much except over-qualifying you for pretty much everything.
- Broke. (Implied by the two above statements).
- Applying to doctoral programs at Drew University and Boston University (annndddd, I really need to stop procrastinating here and finish up that personal statement).
- Moved in with my partner, and we haven't killed each other yet.
- Finished watching the ENTIRE available original series of Doctor Who (Second, Fourth, and Seventh Doctors rock. Third and Sixth, not so much. First and Eighth, enh).
- Set up my Christmas decorations. (Yes, this counts as a major accomplishment).
- Agreed to let my good friend Grace teach me how to coupon (again, see numbers seven and eight).
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Wow, it's been a while. Lots of things have happened since February. Some of the big ones:
Posted by Joshua K. Warfield at 1:00 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
try dropping from different heights --Annie Dillard
falling snow: gently--
monochromatic sky, earth,
clouds shrugging off dreams.
sighs as we hop through muddy
the taste of shallow
dust, dirty, earthen, deeply
heart broken; alive
dropped the lights,
a cold night--coldest--
like snow, epicycles,
contrived beauty, swirling ash:
the sharpwinter stars.
there are more coming,
heliocentric husks of
days; mornings like these.